- 90 minute guided tour of Ground Zero and 9/11 Memorial with an English-speaking guide
- Guided by those with personal connections to 9/11
- Hear firsthand accounts of tragedy and heroism
- Gain a deeper understanding of the impact of 9/11
- Entry into the 9/11 Museum - Limited tickets available
- Does not include tickets to the One World Observatory (Freedom Tower)
|9:30am Tour||10:30am Tour||2:00pm Tour|
Join us for a tour of the former World Trade Center in New York City as we commemorate the tragic events of 9/11. You will hear firsthand accounts from our guides, who are New Yorkers with personal connections to 9/11.
St. Paul’s Chapel
We will start the tour at St. Paul's Chapel, New York City’s oldest public building still in continuous use. Just one block away from the 9/11 attacks, it miraculously survived the falling building and debris. St. Paul’s Chapel served as a makeshift rescue center during the aftermath: Its iron fence became a bulletin board where family members posted notices of their missing loved ones. Today, with the mementos received from people around the world supporting New York City, the church serves as both a landmark and a tribute.
Firefighter’s 9/11 Memorial Wall
Next, listen to the heroic stories of the emergency responders at the Firefighter's 9/11 Memorial Wall, and see the Engine and Ladder Company 10/10, the fire station at Ground Zero.
Finally, you'll enter the 9/11 Memorial, where you can pay your respects to those who lost their lives in the World Trade Center. Take a moment at Michael Arad’s “Reflecting Absence,” a man-made waterfall that symbolizes the void left behind by tragedy. Learn how the names of the nearly 3,000 victims were placed around the waterfall next to their friends, family members, and colleagues. See the new Freedom Tower and World Trade Center rise from the ground.
9/11 Museum Entry
You will be provided with timed entry tickets to minimize wait times. Museum entry time will be based on availability. Our guides will give you a preview of the museum and what to expect so you can plan accordingly, and still have time to see other sights important to you. The Museum visit will be unguided, so feel free to enjoy it at your leisure.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early as we start on time. If late, we cannot guarantee you will be able to catch and join the group.
- Just tell the guide your name. No need to print out the ticket.
- Free Rescheduling 48 hours prior to tour: You can always reschedule any tour without penalty if done 48 hours prior to tour time. You can transfer or gift your tour to others.
- Inside of 48 hours, rescheduling fee is $25/person.
- Refund after rescheduling: Once you have been rescheduled, there can be no refunds if you decide not to take the tour.
ACTIVITY TAKES PLACE OUTDOORS: Dress appropriately for the weather. The tour happens in rain or snow. The tour has large portion that is outdoors, so please dress appropriately and be prepared for the weather. For the 9/11 Ground Zero tour portion, you can always reschedule your tour without penalty if you would like to change to a different day. In the rare case of downpours or undoable weather conditions, we will cancel the tour and offer refund. However, the 9/11 Museum tickets cannot be rescheduled since they are date/time specific.
9/11 Museum Policy
You will get a timed entry into the 9/11 Museum. Depending on availability, your ticket may be for immediately after the tour conclusion or some time later. The museum reserves the discretion not to admit you if you are early or late. You cannot exit and reenter the museum.
There is a security check point upon entering the museum. All large bags will need to be checked at the Coat Check. You can bring in food and beverage, but need to eat that in the Atrium level. No flash photography is allowed. No talking on cellular phones.
Meeting Location: Outside of St Paul's Chapel, 209 Broadway
2 3 4 5 A C J Z to Fulton Street.
Or Rto Cortland Street. Walk 1 block east to St Paul's Chapel.
By Car: Click here to view a map (pops open in a new window) of nearby paid parking spaces. Not recommended due to unpredictable traffic which may cause you to miss the tour.
Tour Bus Loading/ Unloading and Parking: Click here (opens in a new window) for DOT's permitted tour bus map in lower Manhattan.
(Tour ending location is at the 9/11 Memorial, about 4 blocks from the meeting location.)